How To Give A Facelift To Your Bathroom Using Walk-in bathtubs – USA?
Decorating a bathroom like any other room of a house is a new craze among many. Generally bathtubs in a bathroom are made of ceramic tiles or natural stone tiles. But now people are experimenting with walk-in bathtubs, which give a splendid look to the bathroom. The granite comes in different colors to match with the overall theme of the bathroom.
How to install a walk-in bathtubs – USA?
A bathroom can be given a new look by replacing the traditional bathtub with a walk-in bathtub. However, walk-in bathtubs cannot be installed personally and a professional help is a must. For installing this one needs drill, diamond or carbide core bit, safety glasses, dust mask, Granite epoxy glue, notched trowel about ¼ inch, wood braces, silicone caulk with applicator, plastic putty knives, acetone, a measuring tape, marker and old towels.
- As the bathtub contains water spouts and the shower head so the first step is to measure the water spouts and cut holes on the granite slab. Holes are to be made by drilling the granite slab according to the positions of the shower head and the water sprouts.
- The back slab should be installed first and then the other walls. These slabs are usually heavy and two or more person is needed for the task. The slab should be placed along the existing concrete board and it should be made sure that the cut out holes should be positioned perfectly. The pre-mixed epoxy glue is next to be applied at the back of the slab.
- The slab should be moved side to side and up and down as far as possible so that it fixes firmly to the concrete wall. Enough pressure should be applied to fix the slab and finally it should be allowed to come to its resting position.
- The same process is repeated for installing the other two side walls of the bathtub enclosure. The gap in between two granite slabs should be fixed by applying epoxy glue. The excess glue should be scrapped off with a plastic putty knife and then the surface should be rubbed with a wet towel or cloth dampened with acetone.
- The experts of the home remodeling companies in USA suggest keeping the entire set up untouched for 72 hours to dry the epoxy glue.
Maintenance of a walk-in bathtubs – USA
Some may think that maintaining walk-in bathtubs is a tough job. But it is very easy and simple and not many things are needed for this purpose. To clean such a bathtub all one needs is a sponge and some hot water. The sponge should be dipped in the water and rubbed gently along the face of the slab. The sponge can also be replaced with a soft cotton cloth, but the effect will be the same. Professionals of the home remodeling companies in USA are of the opinion that no bleach should be used to clean the walls as this may damage the surface as well as the luster.
Walk-in bathtubs – USA increase the overall value of the bathroom as well as the house. Its strength makes it long lasting and hardly any replacement is needed. It comes at a reasonable price which makes it worth purchasing. Professionals like the home remodeling companies in USA are always there to help one with the installation procedure as it is not a do-it-yourself.